Nachni (Ragi) Ladoo
- Weight: 500 grams (16 ladoos)
- Ingredients: Sprouted Ragi, Pure Desi Ghee, Sugar, Cinnamon
- Traditional nachni or ragi sweet from Konkan region of Maharashtra
- Desirable sweetness and soft, melt-in-mouth texture
- Contains no Vanaspati ghee
- Shelf life: 4 months
Konkan is part of the western coast of India which includes the coastal towns of Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka. Nachni, more popularly known as Ragi, is grown widely in this region and forms a part of their daily diet. While ragi is consumed in various forms across India, making ragi ladoo became prominent in Konkan as travel food due its nutritious value and long life. Rich in calcium, ragi is already identified as super food. We’ve made these ladoos even superior by using sprouted ragi flour (nachni satva) in our preparation, which further enhances the mineral content. With cinnamon also being grown in Konkan, we’ve added a pinch of it to turn them into little bombs of flavour!