- Weight: 500 grams (16 ladoos)
- Ingredients: Sattu, Pure Desi Ghee, Jaggery and Nutmeg
- Handmade sweet made from Sattu (sand-roasted chickpeas), a traditional ingredient of Bihar
- Contains pure ghee (clarified butter) and no Vanaspati ghee
- Note: Sattu is different from besan. While both are derived from the same pulse, the procedure is different and so is the taste. Sattu is lighter and easier to digest than besan, and hence is ideal for ready-to-eat products.
- Keep in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate. Shelf Life: 3 months
Sattu is a flour made from sand-roasted chickpeas (Bengal gram) and is an ancient, beloved ingredient of the Bihari cuisine. Used in earlier times as travel food, and even soldiers’ food during wars, it is an incredible source of protein and is also used for body building. It is consumed in various forms, including littis, stuffed parathas and even a cooling drink. There are a lot of recipes and while it is not traditionally had in the form of ladoos, we thought it’s a great way to bring its goodness to you. Together with jaggery and pure desi ghee, the Sattu Ladoo packs great taste and nutrition in every bite.
Note: While both are derived from the same pulse, Sattu is lighter and easier to digest than besan flour, and hence is ideal for ready-to-eat products.